Here's How We Help Out
Are you stressed over a tax investigation insurance that needs to be paid? Let our accountants in Croydon help you out with the stress of tackling everything. HMRC Insurance Investigation helps you with comprehensive protection. This helps you cope with high fees and any investigation of your tax inquiry. We’re offering help with tax matters, so you combat any investigations with your tax inquiry. Count on our HMRC insurance investigation pros to work on full inquiries, aspect inquiries, compliance visits and redefine personal tax affairs of all directors, partners, and spouses.
Take a look at some of these services we’re offering:
- Corporation Tax Returns
- Partnership Tax Returns
- Sole Trader Tax Returns
- Personal Tax Returns
- Code of practice 8 inquiries (£5,000 limit of indemnity) and Inheritance Tax inquiries (£5,000 limit of indemnity)
We’ll Help you Sort Out your Disputes
Are you facing disputes with VAT, IR35, employer compliance (PAYE, P11D, and NIC) HMRC uses all the information and inspection powers for:
- VAT control visits
- Employer Compliance Visits
- Requests for information
- Check of Employer Records
- Capital Gain Tax
- National Minimum Wage reviews
What Not to Expect?
- Fees incurred prior to the written acceptance of a claim.
- HMRC specialist investigations, civil investigations of fraud, criminal investigations sections, fraud investigation service, counter avoidance sections, and code of practice 9 cases.
- Returns submitted more than 90 days after the due date.
- Notification by HMRC of any of the above prior to subscribing to the service.
- Failure to notify/register for tax or VAT.
- Compliance costs associated with routine submission of statutory returns e.g. P11D’s RTI Returns, CIS Returns, etc.
- Cases of suspected fraud e.g. Code of Practice 9 cases and Public Notice 160 inquiries.
- Where there is no reasonable prospect of challenging HMRC (VAT, PAYE, and IR35 Disputes).
- Costs for third party valuations.
- Tax planning arrangements where HMRC has allocated DoTAS Number and/or bespoke tax planning arrangements outside of the normal trade.
In the event a client faces investigation, we will represent you and reclaim any costs incurred in dealing with the Enquiry directly from the insurance company. The practice has the discretion for making claims under our policy. Clients will be responsible for any fees that we cannot recover from our Insurers.
Employment, health and safety, and business legal advice
Business clients who subscribe to the service also have access to a 24-hour telephone helpline. More information is found at overleaf and details of how to access this service will be sent out for your confirmation. Count on the HMRC insurance investigation team to give you the right advice.
Business and commercial legal helpline
As an additional benefit of subscribing to the service, business clients receive unlimited access to a business helpline. This is a 24-hour, 365 days year telephone advice service manned by a highly experienced team of 70 barristers and solicitors. The helpline provides a wide range of companies and organizations with commercial, employment, and health and safety advice.
There are many areas within a business which, if not handled correctly, can take a good amount of resources to resolve. The legal advisors will be at hand to provide you the details of relevant and current legislation in respect of any guidance you may need on matters including:
- Intellectual Property
- Small claims court procedures
- Business tenancies
- Debt recovery
- Dealing with complaint letters (asserting rights)
- Dealing with statutory demands
Employment legislation can be a minefield and incorrect decisions put your business in turmoil. Therefore, it’s always a good idea to make sure your business remains compliant and proper so that fair procedures are followed. You can receive advice on matters including:
- Appraisal and disciplinary procedures
Health and Safety Advice
All businesses are required by law to undertake a full health and safety risk assessment of their premises and business procedures. In the event of accidents, businesses could be involved in a civil claim for compensation, and criminal prosecutions are needed that results in fines and even imprisonment. You may receive advice on:
- Undertaking health and safety assessment
- Correct procedures in the workplace
- Understanding new legislation
Legal Telephone Advice Services
The telephone legal advice is provided by Markel Law LLP and can advise on general UK law. Markel Protection Limited is a corporate member of Markel Law LLP. Markel Law LLP is regulated and authorized by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Markel Law makes no additional charge for providing these telephone services.
The advice will primarily be provided by Markel Law LLP and its team of solicitors, who are ultimately managed by the Director of Legal Services (who is a lawyer).
If the client has a complaint about these telephone legal advice services, they should contact the customer services manager, Markel Law LLP, Interchange, 81-85 Station Road, Croydon CR0 2AJ. If the client is unhappy with the written response from the customer services manager, the client may contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ, or www.legalombudsman.org.uk, or 0300 555 0333 and ask them to consider the matter. The Legal Ombudsman will only consider matters which have been submitted to it within the earliest of the following timescales: (a) within 1 year from the act/omission complained of; (b) within 1 year from when the client should reasonably have known there was a cause for complaint, without taking advice from a third party and; (c) within 6 months of the client receiving a written reply from Markel Protection Limited concerning the complaint.